One Crayon Color Challenge Blog Hop!

I am really happy to be a part of this challenge hosted by Sally Russick.
Please visit her blog at The Studio Sublime
Normally my work tends to be in contrasting color schemes rather than monochromatic shcemes. I enjoyed the challenge of creating a piece in varying shades of ORANGE!! I,love Orange it shouts out loud! What's your favorite crayon color? Be sure to look for your favorite color on Sally's blog where you will find a lot of very talented artists for your blog hopping pleasure!
I call this "out of the swamp" any members of the "Gator Nation" out there?
Since I used rather generic findings for the clasp, I dressed it up with a little Gator. The faceted rondelles were purchased from Lydia at Beedtime Bead Shop here in Ocala. The Preciosa crystals were acquired at Birdsong Beads in Andrews, NC on one of out many trips up to Murphy.
There was no pattern for this bracelet, I just started beading in a right angle weave sort of way with some additions...



Please enjoy the blog hop today! All the artist links can be found at The Studio Sublime
-Happy Beading! Judy

Comments

  1. Judy! I love how vibrant and fun your bracelet is, the different shades of orange are fantastic!!! Beautifully done!!! Thank you so much for joining in the fun of the crayon challenge, your bracelet is radiant!!! Bright and sunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with Sally - very bright and sunny - well done, and love that gator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern on this. The different bead sizes give it great texture and variety. I love the gator too - it was a perfect choice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy,
    Your bracelet is gorgeous. RAW is not a stitch I would just start stitching unless I have to. You did a marvelous job on your bracelet.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun piece! I love that you added the gator!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about details, and the gator is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much texture and detail in this bracelet! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, I love the popcorn with an attitude look! And Lori is right, the gator is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty bracelet! The texture and movement of color is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful. I love the contrast between the rondelles and the bicones. The bicones give the bracelet a nice texture and make it really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I like how you just beaded it with no pattern - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet that looks fantastic on your arm! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely bracelet - love the gator! All the orange designs in this blog hop share two things in common: they are beautiful and they are very warm and sunny! Your bracelet is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color is gorgeous! And I love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute -- perfect for the next Florida game! The gator charm is the perfect little fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is not an everyday bracelet - but one you would get lots of compliments on. Beautiful beads and nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely use of the colour orange, and a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bracelet! Faceted rondelles make me weak in the knees ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Got a chuckle out of your background...blue...orange...gator nation! The little gator tops off a quite lovely bracelet! I confess my sister lived in FL for many years and the in laws were gators!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really loving those rondelles! The gator is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wouldn't have guessed right angle weave as the base pattern if you hadn'tme mentioned it. I actually thought they were all attached via wirework dangles and had to look more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful - so fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! Love the little gator!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice texture, it looks like it would move and be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal

Bead Chat Magazine & Znetshows Sea Glass 5x5 Test Group