Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal

It was my pleasure to be partnered with Jean A. Wells please be sure to check out her blog for some amazing pieces!
Jean sent me some lovely ingredients for my soup. Here is her winning recipe. 1 handmade pendant created by the very talented Kylie Parry, 25 Brown Sugar beads, 1Fancy Floral Clasp, 1 Green Jasper Nugget, 6 10 mm wood roundelles, 2 Green Picasso Czech Bicone Beads, 5 Dark Forest Porcelain Beads by Ingrid, 8 8mm Fire Polish Topaz Beads and 8 8mm Topaz Crackle Beads.




Here is what I created using her recipe. I hope you enjoy it.
First for the bracelet here I drilled a second hole in the pendant made by Kylie Parry, I made a copper spiral which I then covered with some lovely fiber that is meant to be doll hair. I did a right angle weave with an assortment of the beads from my soup along with some Czech fire polish from my own collection. I made a little pair of earrings to match shown further below.




The bracelet below was created with beads from the soup with the addition of found metal washers from the local recycle business, I also made the S hooks, the closure is a snap clasp from my stash.




The next bracelet was created using a lamp work bead that was given to me as a gift from a friend, sugar beads from the soup, turquoise Heidi beads and red size 11 seed beads. I used a recycled clasp doe this piece.





Finally two pair of earrings using Beads from the soup in addition to fiber, components, & Czech fire polish from my stash.





I hope you enjoyed my blog and are having lots of fun hopping around the participating artist's blogs! I am! Please leave a comment that you were here.

A BIG Thank You to Lori Anderson for organizing this fantastic annual event. Be sure to continue your journey by visiting all the Participants. I am in awe of all the artists and the wonderful talent on display.
This is what I sent to Jean, I made the ceramic pendants, and face pendant that you see at the bottom right of the photo. WOW did she ever work some magic with this soup! I love all the pieces she created!



-Happy Beading! Judy

Comments

  1. Judy, I have had such fun with the soup you sent me. I haven't began working on the skulls and bones yet as I am waiting on some materials specially ordered for the project I am planning, but I'm finished with the rest of it. Check my blog to see what is left -- not much. It was my goal to use everything. Wasn't able to use everything, but you'd be surprised at how little is left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the soup - look's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you made so many things with your soup :-) so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok - not sure how my earlier post got there! I posted that days ago when I was looking at your components for the soup!? I love what you've done with your beads - such a great collection .... loving them all .. not sure I could chose a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great textures! The first bracelet is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the diversity in each design. The fiber earrings are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great bracelets, really like the first one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Love the addition of the fiber - something I've been thinking about trying but haven't done yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely collection of pieces you designed!
    jean yates

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a beautiful job, and I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pieces - the textures and colours are wonderful =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first bracelet is my favorite, I love the ceramic focal and the beads you used with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job! I love the colors of your bead soup...so earthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pieces.Thank you love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great earthy colors, love the fuzzy earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your piece turned out very nice! yes, my pic was small and many didn't know to click on it to enlarge it, I should have put a note. Thanks for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty pieces. Love the first bracelet. Your polymer pendants that you sent your partner was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Judy, I love that you made bracelets. My favorite is the one with the sugar beads. Those are some of my favorite beads. I too love the furry earrings. I love using fiber in my designs. I really enjoyed being partnered with you and had a blast designing with the ingredients you sent me. You gave me such a wide variety of stuff. Someone yesterday suggested that I make a bracelet to match the face pendant necklace, a piece I have named "Judy", and I think that is something I am going to do in the next week or two. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I am so honored! Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  19. Lovely pieces, thru all the soups, the earrings are usually my favorite and yours is no exception. Love the ones with the fiber! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pieces! Love those washers! I keep threatening to raid the hubs stashmaybe it's time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, you sure stretched that soup a mile with all those pieces. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well you made a veritable feast with your ingredients. My favorite was the bracelet with the turquoise. Come visit me during the second reveal at http://www.heavelanecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a great job with all your soup!
    I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A nice mix of textures and techniques. I , too, love the bracelet with the washers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely pieces..very nice job. I also absolutly loved the soup you sent to jean...and what she did with it! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she did an AWESOME job and added two more pieces tonight so if you have time go back to her site :). Her work is beautiful, hard to pick a favorite!

      Delete
  26. I love your pieces so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely creations, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Judy, Your pieces are very pretty. Great job.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  29. You made some really lovely pieces. I think the turquoise bracelet is my favorite (I've got a thing for blue), but they're all very nicely made!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your pieces all have great textural interest and color which I love. Love the sugar bead bracelet and fiber earrings. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Three bracelets & 2 pair of earrings that's impressive. I like the turquoise one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That earrings with orange fiber immediately captured my attention ... Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the orange earrings
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  34. Judy, those are terrific designs! Love what you did with your bead soup! Love the addition of the washers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Second bracelet is my favorite, it's very cool! I love those washers. You sent your partner the coolest soup! Great work with your soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your first piece. I admire your bravery and talent drilling a hole I. The focal. I think using a right angle weave on it was smart thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Crayon Color Challenge Blog Hop!

Bead Chat Magazine & Znetshows Sea Glass 5x5 Test Group